OTHER (More) includes things that I wrote before having a clear purpose for my website (and don’t want to delete), as well as anything else that I want to publish somewhere but doesn’t really fit. Proceed into disorganization at your own risk.
- Hardware, including how to clean your computer, clean a CD, touch up a monitor with a pencil eraser, remove a stuck CD from your drive, make your batteries last longer, and plug in a USB cable the right way up the first time.
- My email etiquette series seems to be very popular in terms of traffic generated from Google searches, so maybe it's good. :-)
- Misplaced Blame: Why We Hate Our Computers.
- Six Things Not to Do When Asking for Computer Help, some things that aggravate me when people ask me for help.
- What the Heck Does That Key Do?, a bit of history and explanation of the odder keys present on standard PC keyboards.
- Slashes and Backslashes, and how to tell them apart. (Most people tend to either have no idea or get it wrong.)